Terms and Conditions - German Doner Kebab - Bossing It Challenge
GERMAN DONER KEBAB BOSSING IT COMPETITION- July 2020
- Eligibility: This promotion is only open to individuals legally resident in the UK, excluding Northern Ireland, aged 16 or over except: (i) our employees; (ii) the employees of any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency); and (iii) the immediate family members of (i) and (ii). Internet access is required to enter. Entrants must also have the means or equipment to enter the promotion, for example a smartphone to record their video entry.
- Promotion period: Enter between 00:01 BST on Tuesday 7th July 2020 and 23:59 BST on the Tuesday 21st July 2020.
- What is the competition and prize? We are giving two people who submit videos of them ‘Bossing It’ in lockdown with the most likes, one on Tik-Tok and one on Instagram, 4x Deliveroo codes each with the value of £20 for delivery. We may, in our discretion, also feature (i) their submitted video as part of a promotional activities, across our social media channels or with our third-party advertising/marketing/brand partners. If the winner cannot make use of Deliveroo codes due to not being in a delivery area, codes will be provided for use in-store when the stores are next open for takeaway or sit-in.
- To enter:
a) Record your own video using the following “Bossing It” theme as a guide: film yourself or a friend doing showing a talent or doing something creative that could be considered you bossing it in lockdown.
b) Publicly post your video on social media (Instagram or TikTok only) using the hashtag #GDKBossItChallenge
c) Please make sure that anyone featuring in your video has given their permission to be featured. If we plan to use your video for any purpose, we’ll ask you to show this permission.
- Moderation: We reserve the right at any time to reject, exclude or disqualify entries which, in our reasonable opinion and sole discretion:
a) are in breach of these terms and conditions;
b) contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon our name, reputation or goodwill or that of any of our third party partners, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication/broadcast;
c) contains any individuals that have not given (or will not give) their consent or permission to the entrant to be featured in their entry;
d) features any individuals under the age of 18 without explicit permission from their parent or guardian;
e) contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks that are not owned by us;
f) does not comply with relevant advertising and broadcasting codes.
- Originality: You must ensure your entry submission: (i) is not copied from a third party ; (ii) does not otherwise infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; (iii) does not feature any person (living or dead) without their permission; and (iv) does not contain any defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, illegal or otherwise unsuitable content.
- Winner Selection: All valid entries received during the promotion period will be collated by representatives of German Doner Kebab and its marketing agency, The Leith Agency, by Wednesday 22nd July 2020 at 9am. From these valid entries one winner will be selected per channel (Instagram and Tik Tok) on the basis of it having the highest number of the number of likes.
- Consent of others featured in winning videos: Entrants are responsible for obtaining the permission/consent of anyone featured in their video before entering this promotion. If you are a winner, we will ask you to confirm that you have the permission of anyone featuring in your video for the purposes of this promotion. If you are selected as a winner, we’ll ask you to obtain a returned electronic consent form from anyone featuring in your video.
- Winner notification: The winners will be contacted via a direct message on social media within 1 working day of winner selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the prize, within 7 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond confirming eligibility and acceptance of their prize within 1 day, we reserve the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, we reserve the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. The reserve winner must respond in accordance with the above timeframes or a shorter period if notified by us.
- Editorial control: Winning entry videos may, in our sole discretion, be subject to editorial changes or amendments by us or our third party partners (for example if your entry is chosen to feature on our channels: we may edit the length of your video entry; we may choose to only use part of your video entry; or we may edit part of your video entry into another video entry for comic effect).
- Winner conduct: Prior to entering the promotion, those selected as shortlisted entrants or winners must not have posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage our reputation, our products or services. In addition, shortlisted entrants or winners must not do so during the life of the promotion. If we decide that a shortlisted entrant or winner has breached this condition, that shortlisted entrant’s place on the shortlist or the winner’s entitlement to the prize may be cancelled and a substitute shortlisted entrant or winner chosen on the same basis.
- Legal rights/Copyright: Entrants will retain any copyright which exists in their entry submission. By entering, a shortlisted entrant or winner grants us (and our third party partners, for example: our marketing agency, our advertising/marketing/brand partners, our media agency or our chosen television broadcasting partner) a non-revocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use your entry/content (or any part of your entry/content) in any media (including social media or advertising) or marketing materials for our promotional purposes. There is no obligation on us to use, publish or display any entries. Winners hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of us, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party. Winners hereby waive any right to review or approve any final product to be used in relation to the promotion.
- Non-transferable: The prize(s) is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation.
- Privacy: Your personal information will be processed in accordance with our privacy notice. We will only use your personal information for the purposes, administration and fulfilment of this promotion and in accordance with these terms & conditions. We may share your personal information with our promotion fulfilment partners, including The Leith Agency. If you are not one of the winners, we will securely delete your personal information and any downloaded copies of videos within 3 months of the closing date of the promotion. If you are one of our winners, by entering this competition you consent to your personal information being used in accordance with these terms & conditions.
- Winner details: Please write to “FAO: Manager – German Doner Kebab Bossing It Challenge” at the address below within 3 months of the closing date for the surnames and counties of prize winners. If you object to your surname and county of residence being made available in accordance with this paragraph, you must notify us of such objection at the time you enter the promotion. Regardless of any such objection, we may share such details with the Advertising Standards Authority if required.
Promoter: 246 Flemington Street, Springburn
Glasgow, G21 4BY
0141 557 2255